Civil War Sites

The Civil War was an important event in many people's family histories (well, history in general) but I never really looked into the Civil War mainly because I've only got one known direct ancestor who participated. My paternal lines were still in Europe at the time and my maternal grandfather's family was already in California (a world away from the war), but my maternal grandmother's family was still in Indiana and Iowa and some of them did participate in the war (Union side for all of them). The only direct ancestor of mine who served in the war was Rev. John Berger (spelled Barger in some war records). I had heard that he was a Union chaplain but now I can't remember where I heard that or even if there is any truth to it... In any case I've been doing a lot of research into the war lately. More on that later, but here are some sites I've recently found with lots of good information:

Civil War Soldiers and Sailors
Indiana Regiments

Comments

Popular Posts