Genealogy Can Go to the Dogs!

Who says genealogy is only for people? This video about DNA testing and our quadruped friends was fun to watch and got me to thinking about my dog's family tree. She is a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix which, if I wanted to break it down even further, means she is half Chinese and half French (where her breeds originated). I know people who have done DNA testing on their dogs to find it's genetic makeup and were it not so expensive (and the fact that I knew my dog's parent's and therefore pretty much know her makeup already) I would give it a go. The results they came to in the video however were a little surprising making me somewhat question the science involved. Then again, my genetic makeup/heritage dictates that I should be able to get a tan and I'm still waiting for that to happen...

Comments

Popular Posts