Surname Saturday: List of Names

I've seen this clever play on Surname Saturday going around and wanted to do it also.  In lieu of just writing about one surname in my tree, here is a list with all the surnames in my tree which I have ever blogged about or plan to:

Paternal:
Allen
Beam
Clemens/Clements
Croad
Dacci(a)
Gibbons
Horton
Lapiccirella
Montgomery
Rendle
Shepstone/Shipton/Shipstone
Shoe
Stokes
Tizzard
Wood

Maternal:
Asay
Berger
Brunner
Buhler
Chappel
Doyle
Gibson
Haley/Healy/Healey
Hudson
Jackman
Leet
Lester/Louster
Mason
Moore
Mott
Nielsen
Petersen
Rose
Scott
Shinn
Steiner
Tock
Webb
Wellons
vonAllmen (later Allmen)

I've got some Colonial era surnames as well which I'll probably blog about but the ones above are my main surnames (post-Revolutionary War to the present).

This exercise also helped me realize that I have done next to no work and absolutely zero blogging on some of these surnames, like my Leets and Buhlers.  I better get cracking researching them!

Comments

Popular Posts