Advent Calendar 22 Dec: Christmas and Deceased Relatives

Did your family visit the cemetery at Christmas? How did your family honor deceased family members at Christmas?
 
We never went to a cemetery on Christmas, in fact, this prompt is the first I have ever heard of doing such a thing.  We would go to the Woodbridge Masonic Cemetery which is near Lodi from time to time (and still do) because my grandfather and various other relatives are buried there but that is the only cemetery we visit with regularity and it is only open by appointment or on an occasional Saturday (constant vandalism have forced an end to the open door policy the cemetery once had).  I think it is a nice tradition to visit deceased relatives on Christmas but it is something we don't currently do in my family. 
 
We don't really do much of anything to honor deceased family members at Christmas.  I always spend the day thinking about my great-grandmother and I'm sure other family members (past and present) are on the minds of other people in my family but we don't have any traditions of honoring the deceased at Christmas.
 

Comments

Popular Posts