GeneaBlogger Games 2010 Diary, Day 3 (2/15) - 5 (2/17)

Day 3:
First off, I completed my Ahnentafel page (which can be found on the left-side of this blog at the top and under pages) which falls under Task E in the Write, Write, Write section and earned me a Bronze medal there.

Next off, I made a page on Footnote for my third great-grandfather, John W. Berger.  I was actually not planning on making one of these but I'm glad I did because it was so much fun!  I plan on making many more in the future.

http://www.footnote.com/page/110565948_john_w_berger/

Doing the Footnote page is enough to get me a Platinum in the Expand Your Knowledge area.  Yay!

I also completed Tasks B and D in the Organize Your Research section so I've got a Silver there (am going for Platinum). And then I backed it all up on a flash drive and my parents' computer which is a Bronze in the Back Up Your Data! section.  While I was organizing those files, I also, FINALLY, got around to adding sources to them (23, so that's a Silver)

Day 4:
Some sourcing/organizing, but no medals.

Day 5:
I did B, C and D in the Write, Write, Write area which is enough for a Diamond there.  By the time this posts, I'll also have completed Task E in the Organize Your Research section because I'm currently scanning some letters and pictures.

Here is a breakdown of what I've done in each catagory:

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources! - Silver
2. Back Up Your Data! - Bronze
3. Organize Your Research! - Gold
4. Expand Your Knowledge - Platinum (COMPLETED THIS SECTION)
5. Write, Write, Write - Diamond
6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness - haven't competed yet, though I've added thirty+ blogs to my Google Reader in the last two days.

I'm going to concentrate on organizing and genealogical acts of kindness over the next couple days.

Comments

  1. You Go Girl! Jeeze Louise I am getting behind. You youngsters are kicking my butt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts