A Librarian in the Family Tree?

Two things I've always had a soft spot for were libraries and my great-grandmother, Georgia Wellons Berger.  Imagine my surprise when I found this:
From page 193 of News notes of California Libraries, Vol. 11
Wellons is a rare surname, and the only Wellons family in Siskiyou County I've come across is my great-grandmother's branch.  Besides her father (who was a farmer and gardener), Georgia was the only one with the G. initial.  Of the two, Georgia is the only one who would have received the education to be a librarian - and a school one at that.  Before her marriage in 1919, Georgia is known to have worked as a teacher in Oakland and her native Siskiyou County.  Additional information on the Vineland School District can be found here.

Comments

Popular Posts