2012 Goals: Wild Card

Instead of just rattling off my goals for 2012 in one post, I'm going to do individual posts on each and then a summary post which includes how I did with my 2011 goals.  My goals fall into four categories: Research, Writing, Organization and Wild Card.

My Wild Card Goal(s):
Throughout the year I find myself making little genealogy goals.  In that same vein I'm making a "wild card" goal this year.  Below are smaller things I'd like to accomplish.  I don't plan on succeeding at everything, or even most things on the list, but I'd be happy with one or two items.
  • Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki.  I have already done a little editing there, but not much.
  • Learn German and Italian.  Not fluently, but I do want to know how to read a vital record.
  • Add images (aka "media") to my RootsMagic database.
  • Start arbitrating at FamilySearch Indexing.
  • Take more advantage of the research courses offered at FamilySearch more often.  Right now I just watch a video or two a month.
  • Go on a short, local research trip - Siskiyou County or Alameda County are at the top of the list.  There is also a death certificate in Stanislaus County I've been  hankering after for awhile.
  • Scan!  Scan!  Scan!
  • Be better about backing up my files (I'm pretty good but there is still room for improvement)
Of everything above, backing files up regularly and adding media to my RootsMagic database are the highest priorities.  Like I said, I'm not pushing myself to do everything above, but these are all things I want to be more mindful of in 2012 - and if I can truly master/accomplish one or two I'd be very happy.

Disclosure: I have no affiliation with any of the websites or companies mentioned in this post nor was I remunerated by anyone for writing this post.

Comments

Popular Posts