Bucket List GeneaMeme

From Geniaus:

1. The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is... All the major ones at least once, NGS especially
2. The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is... Elizabeth Shown Mills
3. The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is... No idea, I'd be happy with any.
4. The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is... Again, no idea.  There are so many great ones!
5. The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is.... Thanks, but no thanks!
6. I would like to go on a genealogy cruise vacation that visits.... Italy, the UK, Germany, Denmark, and Switzerland 
7. The photo I would most like to find is... I'd be happy with anything from my paternal side.
8. The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is...Archivio di Stato in Bari
9. The place of worship I would most like to visit is... The Family History Library Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta in Vieste
10. The cemetery I would most like to visit is ...... All cemeteries in Peschici and Vieste
11. The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is...... Peschici, Foggia, Apulia, Italy
12. The brick wall I most want to smash is... My great-grandmother, Nicoletta (1892-1987) - I don't even know her maiden name for sure!
13. The piece of software I most want to buy is.... Personal Historian 2
14. The tech toy I want to purchase next is ..... iPad 3 when available
15. The expensive book I would most like to buy is... America's Women in the Revolutionary Era 1760-1790:A History Through Bibliography ($195!)
16. The library I would most like to visit is..... The Family History Library
17. The genealogy related book I would most like to write is.... Mott, Smith, Rose and Assorted Other Families in Early New York
18. The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about....  I'm spread too think as is, no more!
19. The journal article I would most like to write would be about... the Thomas Robert Smith family
20. The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is.... Heman Doyle so I could ask him if he had parents or if he just magically appeared one day "somewhere" in Vermont.


... And a couple extra (hat tip to What's Past is Prologue for the additional items):
21. The genealogical research skill I would most like to have is… Fluent knowledge of Italian, German and Latin.
22. The genealogical records I would most like to see become available online are… 20th Century Michigan birth, marriage, death and divorce records (specifically between 1930 and 1960).  Also, Alameda Co., California 19th Century naturalization records.
23.  The family heirloom I would most like to own is… the "background pictures."  I have several old photos which have pictures in the background of the picture - I'd love to know who the people are in the pictures and who has them now!
My great-grandmother and her three sisters,
note the "background picture"  (I believe it is their brother, Ebben Boulder Wellons) in the upper right-hand corner
Disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with any of the people, companies or links mentioned in this post.

Comments

  1. Thanks for participating in the meme, Leah - I will add your contribution to the list of responses on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is just one cemetery in Peschici ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts