SNGF: Research Adventures

Courtesy of Genea-Musings:

1) Decide which of your (many?) genealogy research adventures in 2011 was your "very best" (your definition). 
 2) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, in a Status report or comment on Facebook, or in a Stream note on Google Plus.


I actually went on many genealogy adventures in 2011 even though circumstances kept me from doing much traveling or actual offline research.  I can't pick just one, so here are my three favorites:

1. Were They Related?  In which I examine a possible relationship between my Tock ancestors and a family they lived with in at least two censuses.
2. Case Study: Clements Family Arrivals. I looked at an arrival record for, I believe, some of my Clements ancestors and muse as to the possible reasons they seem to have traveled to America separately.
3. George S. Mott's Path to Florida and Early Death.  I examined the circumstances of the death of my 4th great-grandfather's brother and look for a reason as to why he was in Florida to begin with.

Interestingly enough, the three posts above were also my favorites of all the ones I wrote in 2011.  If I had to give an edge to any one of the three, I think it would have to be the George S. Mott article - probably because of the surprising wealth of information I got after just a little chipping.

Comments

Popular Posts