There's An Expo Coming to Town!

My town that is, Sacramento to be specific.  Am I excited?  Boy howdy am I!

I have never had a genealogy conference happen right in my backyard before this which adds to my glee.  In addition, the conference is being held at a venue I've been to several times over the years (most recently this past February).  Talk about stars aligning!

I'm looking forward to all the speakers, some I've heard before (like the excellent Arlene Eakle and Nancy Loe) and some who will be new to me (like James Tanner of the wonderful Genealogy Star blog, Michael Booth of RootsMagic and Stephen P. Morse of One-Step Webpages).

I'm also excited about the event sponsors who will be there: FamilySearch (one of my favorite websites), RootsMagic (my software of choice) and the National Institute for Genealogical Studies (who offer many courses which I'd love to take).

I'd be happy to answer any blogging questions at the Expo anyone might have, as I'm sure the other excellent bloggers who will be there would be as well.  I'd also be happy to answer any Sacramento related questions (if you want to take any side trips I'd recommend the Crocker Art Museum, visiting Old Sacramento and maybe taking one of their tours, the Old City Cemetery, Sutter's Fort and, of course, the capitol building - where I'm sure there will be a protest of some sort you could take part in.  For food, my picks would be Gunther's Ice Cream or dining al fresco at the Tower Cafe, and Corti Brother's also makes a pretty awesome sandwich).

I still haven't picked my classes yet and judging by the agenda I won't have an easy time choosing between them all.  In between classes, you will see me wandering the Exhibit hall and visiting all the exhibitors (I'm especially happy to see that Leland Meitzler of Family Roots Publishing will be there).

I'll be at the Expo and I hope you will to: it is only $69 if you register now, $99 at the door.

Disclosure: I will be a Blogger of Honor at the event and as such I received a complementary registration, promotion of my blog by Family History Expos, Inc. as well as a gift bag from them.  I have purchased RootsMagic 4 and 5.  I like it, it is my software of choice, but I have no affiliation with RootsMagic.  Likewise, I have no affiliation with any of the other people/organizations/companies mentioned or linked to in this post.  Beyond what I received from Family History Expos, Inc. I have received no further remuneration for writing this post by anyone.

Comments

  1. There was either an NGS or FGS conference in Sacramento in the early 2000s. I was there! Maybe you were too young to be interested in Genealogy.

    Sharon in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there too! Hope we can spend some time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,I did not know that some of my favorite bloggers were so local! I will be attending the event and can not wait!It is my first Genealogy conference as well so very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Popular Posts