Saturday, August 11, 2012

AncestryDNA

Some weeks ago I got an AncestryDNA invite.  I waited too long and missed my chance to order a kit.  I was obviously disappointed.  Then I checked my e-mail the other day and what do you know: a new invite.  And this time I didn't putz around!

I've done DNA testing before, though not through Ancestry.  Both my parents tested through 23andMe and I tested my mtDNA and did an autosomal test (Family Finder) through FamilyTreeDNA.  The AncestryDNA test is also an autosomal test.  I'll probably be the one to take the test, but I might try and talk my father into it instead - or maybe my grandmother (though that will be a real long shot).  We'll see.

I'm curious as to how a quarter of my ancestry will be interpreted: my Italian portion.  At FamilyTreeDNA it was classified as "Romanian, Tuscan."  I'm also interested in my possible matches - hopefully there will be some new folks I haven't previously found on Ancestry.com

I'm interested in knowing what others thought of the test and results.  Have you taken the AncestryDNA test?  What is your opinion?

Disclosure:  I have no affiliation with Ancestry.com and paid the $99 for the test same as everyone else.  I received no remuneration of any kind by anyone for writing this post.

1 comment:

  1. My British Isles and Scandinavian (!) results are at From Maine to Kentucky and my husband's Eastern European and British Isles (!) results are at A Jewish Genealogy Journey.

    I'm trying to decide if I should try one of the other DNA sites, especially for my husband's Eastern European genes, to see if the results are similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!