Genealympics: Research Plan #1

The next challenge I chose was 2d: "Review your collected data, research log, and database and create a Research Plan to do a Reasonably Exhaustive search for the selected ancestor(s)."

Research Plan #1:
Nicoletta ?, my great-grandmother.  I was hoping her SS-5 would have answered the big parents question, but that didn't happen.  At first I was disappointed that all I learned was where she was born, but then I realized that the names of her parents would have meant nothing without a place to look for them.  I have a birthdate for her (although the year changes depending on the record) and now that I know the place, I should be able to find and order microfilm.  What I do have on her:
  • 1930 US Census record, death certificate, obituary, ship manifest, SS-5 application
What I still need to find/get:
  • 1940 US Census record (if there is one - believe me, I've looked!), marriage record (I saw it long ago but stupidly didn't make a copy), birth record (microfilms are available to order), cemetery record (?), church records.  Eventually, I need to look for her in the 1950, 1960, 1970 and 1980 US Census records when they are released.
From all the records I do have, this is what I know:

  • She was born 25 February, 1891/1892, in Peschici, Foggia, Apulia, Italy.  She was married to Giuseppe Lapiccirella on 13 August 1913, in Italy.  They arrived at Ellis Island on 4 September 1920 and went to Warren, Trumbull, Ohio where they remained.  She was a member of St. Mary's in Warren but left at some point (I believe after her husband's death in 1973) and joined the Free Methodist Church, also in Warren.  She died on 10 February 1987 in Warren and was buried in Oakwood Cemetery (also in Warren).  According to various family records, her maiden name was something akin to 'Dutchi' but her name at Ellis Island is 'Maria Nicola Riccia.'

Comments

Popular Posts